Laboratory for Overcoming Public Speaking Fear (10 Weeks)
Meet online or in person
Prince William County, Virginia
Two things you need to overcome a fear or phobia of public speaking:
1. Knowledge of fear management techniques.
2. A "laboratory" where you can work at your own pace and apply the techniques in a non-pressuring environment.
Start by taking the Master Your Public Speaking Fear self-paced course. It's online so you can take it anytime, anywhere. The course uses video animation to explain how fear works and how to manage it. Ultimately, the course will give you the knowledge you need to succeed. And it's free when you sign up for this workshop.
2. Apply the techniques in a non-pressuring laboratory
Once you have the knowledge you need, you’ll then have the opportunity to apply the techniques you learned in a very controlled, slow, and gradual way in front of other workshop participants (an audience who shares your fears).
This gradual exposure is what rewires your brain and nervous system. Right now your body is conditioned to automatically respond with fear in public speaking situations. Desensitization is what re-trains your body to react in a different way. Basically, practicing is like a vaccine. To inoculate fear, you need to get exposure to the fearful situation in a controlled way.
The good news is that practicing is not about gritting your teeth and enduring the pain! It's about going into the practice session with proven coping techniques that you'll learn in the self-paced course.
Like thousands of people who have successfully used this approach, you'll see that practicing is not as bad as you might think! And it gets easier the more you do it. Rest assured you’ll never be forced to speak, and you're in complete control all the time. You'll find the lab supportive, non-pressuring, and confidential.
What To Expect
The workshop meets once a week for ten weeks. Each meeting lasts a maximum of 1 1/2 hours. It's limited to 8 participants—all of whom share your fear. The meetings take place online using video conferencing. The technology is simple and secure, and we’ll walk you through each step. There are also in-person laboratories that meet in the Washington DC area.
- Duration: 10-weeks
- Sessions: 1 to 1.5 hours each meeting
- Location: Online or Virginia
- Number Participants: 3-8
- Facilitator: Dr. Cheryl Mathews
This proven workshop can help you overcome your fear and rebuild your confidence. Take a peek.Click the "Get On Waitlist" button to get your name on our list. There is no commitment to take the workshop at this point.
We'll contact you when we get enough participants to schedule a workshop.
“Dr. Mathews' workshop empowered
me to speak effectively before groups of people”
Dr. Cheryl Mathews,
Your Personal Guide
Cheryl's passion is helping you succeed. She has her doctorate in Psychology and is a Board Certified Coach.
What You'll Learn
- How to control anxiety—so it doesn't control you
- What causes your anxiety to escalate and how to de-escalate
- The right way to practice (gradually in a safe "lab" environment)
- How to rewire your nervous system so it doesn't trigger an automatic fear response in public speaking situations
What you'll get from this course
Is this workshop for you?
- Does your heart beat rapidly when speaking in public?
- Do you avoid speaking in groups?
- Does your fear hold you back?
If so, this workshop was designed for you!
Take The Workshop If You're Nervous In Any Of These Situations
- Making presentations or speeches
- Speaking in meetings or groups
- Giving a toast at a wedding
- Voicing an opinion
- Performance reviews with your boss
- Talking to authority figures
- Asking a question in a meeting
- Talking to strangers at a party
- Telling a joke or story in a group
- Giving a eulogy at a funeral
What is the difference between the self-paced course and the workshop?
The self-paced course is basically a series of videos that you can watch anytime at your own pace. The videos give you important information about anxiety and explain how to retrain your brain. There are interactive exercises throughout the course that help you to apply the information to your situation.
The workshop is an online video conference that meets at a particular time with 3-8 participants. The workshop gives you the opportunity to practice the fear management techniques that you learned in the online course.
What is your refund policy?
We offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee or full refund. No questions asked. Contact us at info@SpeakMeister.com to request a refund within 30-days of starting the workshop.
If you have any problems with any SpeakMeister products, please contact us. We’ll be happy to help you via chat, email or phone.
How does this workshop compare to others?
We encourage you to research options. You’ll find that many workshops cost $2,500+, and are limited to one geographical location. Because this workshop is online, you can take it from anywhere.
What do I need to participate in the workshop?
To participate in the workshop, you will need:
- A computer or mobile device
- SpeakMeister meetings work on all major devices and operating systems